Re: ReiserFS

On 1/28/08, centos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <centos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is their any gotcha when using ResiserFs as a file system?

Aside from not being supported by the CentOS kernels in base/updates,
I would recommend against it. No major distributor seems to put
development effort into reiserfs anymore and I have seen a lot of
people having major recovery problems with it (e.g. when the internaly
tree is badly damaged, reiserfs fsck may try to merge anything that
looks like a reiserfs filesystem, like filesystems in disk images).

-- Daniel