Re: How can i share my WAN ip to my LAN?

Here is what you need to do:
http://www.howtoforge.com/home-gateway-firewall-with-dhcp-server-for-connection-sharing-centos5

Hope this will help you.

/M

2008/1/22, MatsK <mkn0014@xxxxxxxxx>:
John R Pierce wrote:
> Tolun ARDAHANLI wrote:
>> Hi everybody...
>>
>> How can I share my WAN ip to my LAN? How can I do that I really dont
>> know...:( I am using linux long time ago but this kind I would like to
>> do newly...
>>
>> Can anybody help me about IP sharing in Centos?
>
> its known as "IP Masquerade" in Linux, and its controlled primarily with
> iptables(8)
>
> you should read up on iptables and firewall rules to understand how it
> all works
>
> the ip masquerade HOWTO lives here
> http://tldp.org/HOWTO/html_single/IP-Masquerade-HOWTO/
>
> master source of documetation of all this is here ->
> http://www.netfilter.org/documentation/

You have to enable routing also.

Start reading here:
http://www.linuxhomenetworking.com/

and then google for "Home linux networking" and you will find answers
for your questions.

/M