Re: centos authentication via ldap produces no nameshellprompt

On Jan 21, 2008 5:13 PM, Dave <dmehler26@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,
    Thanks. Do you have configs from your setup?I'd like to compare your working setup with my nonworking one, see if i can spot the issue.
Thanks.
Dave.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2008 8:51 AM
Subject: Re: centos authentication via ldap produces no nameshellprompt

On Jan 21, 2008 2:23 PM, Dave <dmehler26@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
    Thanks for your reply. I looked at permissions on the nss_* and ldap* and slapd.conf files, they are all 644.
    This issue may be related maybe not. Upon starting slapd i'm seeing this in my log:

Jan 20 23:23:41 ldap slapd[3697]: nss_ldap: could not search LDAP server - Server is unavailable
yet as i say i can log in, only the username part of the prompt is unavailable. Again checking PS1 it is set properly.
    Thanks.
Dave.