Re: port mapping

Yes.

I plan to use centos as the OS on the gateway server.

Barry Brimer wrote:

On Sun, 20 Jan 2008, Sobari Tanuwijaya wrote:

Here is what I want to do:
I installed a database server on centos, it has a private IP,
the database server run on a certain port (for e.g. port 5555)

From other place connected to the internet I try to do some kind of sync
to the database server, so I think I have to set the port mapper in the gateway to pass the access to port 5555 to the centos server.

So you're trying to determine what you need to do to forward connections from your system to port 5555 on the remote system via your gateway it seems. What is your gateway running? Is it running CentOS?