Re: HP Autoloader

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 at 9:59am, Tom Brown wrote

I need to backup data to an HP autoloader, it needs to be *full* backups each time so using Amanda doesn’t make sense.

Can someone point me to what utilities to use to access the autoloader, I would rather read up on this myself as my knowledge here is very weak. I am moving this unit from a windows environment running Backup Exec. I know all of those features won’t be available but I was hoping to control in some predictable manner what tapes are used in what order to effectively partition the loader.

i would still use amanda for this - that was she can look after the tape order etc and she can control mtx to use the robot.

in the amanda.conf just have the number of tapes set to 1 so that she knows each night has to be a complete level0 or in your disk list state level0 every time.

Actually, you would use "dumpcycle 0" to get amanda to do full backups every run. tapecycle should still be set to however many tapes you have -- anything other than that and you lose amanda's ability to track the tapes for you.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
QB3 Shared Cluster Sysadmin