Re: Centos 5 Samba File Server dropping files

Christopher Chan wrote:
J wrote:
Twice I've gotten the report that a user has attempted to move a folder of many files up one level, and all of the files disappeared. Searching for the files in the share proves that they aren't there any more, nor are they where they should have been moved to. I desperately need to find the cause of this. Has anyone else seen this happen on their file server?

I think you are the first report for such a thing that I have ever heard.

I have stayed in Hong Kong far too long. Please let me rephrase that.

I think yours is the first report for such a thing that I have ever heard/I think you are the first to report such a thing.

The samba log file doesn't appear to be any help. It just shows that some files were opened and closed. The second user that I got this report from is a competent user. From the Windows' client side, no error is generated. They are just moved into a void.

Are the Windows clients Vista? Just wondering.