Re: Making a NAS/HFS server

Steve Campbell wrote:

Unfortunately, these are pre OS X files. They probably are more messed up than usual as they are 2003-2008 MultiAd Creator files. A lot of the fonts, font info, graphic stuff were placed in the meta files, and without those, they are useless without a lot of extra work to recreate the set of files.

The reason I feel the resource files are needed is that I started copying the files from the Thecus, and then rewrote them back to another area on the Thecus. I then tried to "explore" or view them on the Mac that originally wrote them with no success.

I have no need to use these original files other than to have them as a backup source for the originals.

I think I'm hearing everyone say just to mount my Centos partition on a Mac and copy them from the Thecus to the Centos partition.. Is that the concensus here? If so what, then, is the best way to export the Centos partition so that the Mac can access it?

If you are building a new file server box from scratch, you might want to look at SME server from http://www.contribs.org. It is Centos-based and I think it still supports netatalk.

--
 Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx