Re: CentOS 5 & sendmail configuration

Frank M. Ramaekers wrote:
I'm attempting to configure sendmail to relay outgoing mail to an
internal smtp server.  I found that the commented line in sendfile.mc
that starts with 'dnl define(`SMART_HOST'... needed to be uncommented
and a valid value inserted.  No problem there, but when I attempt to
'make -C /etc/mail', I get

I know you are not advised to edit sendmail.cf but you can edit non ruleset stuff without problems. Look for DS and append the name of the smarthost to DS. eg:

# "Smart" relay host (may be null)
DSmail.domain.com

After that, you can go about sorting out your yum problem.