Re: Probably OT: Has anyone else seen SeaMonkey 'pop' without warning?

fred smith wrote:
Firefox does this to me quite frequently, and it always has. every new
release they say they've improved the stability, but it hasn't made
any improvement for me in terms of this issue.

I recently downloaded the firefox source and did my own build, just to
see if the failures might have been due to some small incompatibility
between the target system the official binaries are built for, and my
box. Sad to say that while it may not die as often, it still does it.

This doesn't answer the original poster's question, but....

As far as Firefox is concerned you might want to try giving 3.0b2 a try. I found it to be significantly more stable than the 1.5.X branch under Winders and on various Macs (haven't gotten around to trying it on a CentOS 5.X desktop box yet).

Best,