Re: ARGH!!! Instal fails at drive format time

Robert Moskowitz wrote:
Got all the way through the selection of packages. All those time consuming tasks and the install got to formating the drive and crashed on a format error!

Since I know exactly how I want to lay out the partitions, is there a way I can boot from CD, and get into Disk Druid to set the partitions and do the formating. Then when I come to the install just select to keep the drive how it is?
And I have to have LVM....

If I'm understanding you correctly you want to forgo the task of choosing all the packages. If this is the case you might try going through the installation on a test machine (a machine that doesn't really matter how the installation resolves) and when it's time create a kick-start disk. That you can essentially fire-and-forget when you start the install of your live system.

Mark