Yum-update error

Dear All,

Quick question: I am currently having issues with “yum”, I recently updated centos 5 server using the command

# yum update

Yum was working fine till, before the update,

When I try to use yum now I am getting the following error,

[root@pet ~]# yum list all

Setting up repositories

Could not retrieve mirrorlist http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=5&arch=i386&repo=extras error was

[Errno 14] HTTP Error 503: Service Unavailable

Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: extras

[root@pet ~]#

I tried to google on this but I seem to be running out of luck!!

Could some one please help me solve this issues?

BTW: I am quite new to Linux Systems Administration, Gee Man I love CentOS so much,

I will summarise the solution

Thanks for all your help in Advance,

-

Harry S