Re: Live CD Planning systems

Jason Clark wrote:
Not to pitch another distro, but knoppix and dsl do pretty much what are looking for ,minus the xen.
I am using DSL 4.2 on a Libretto, so I will first be testing booting the nc2400 off a DSL live CD.
What I would propose though is to run vmware P2V (now called converter) on your XP machine. It will export a vmware image of that drive, then just format that sucker, install centos and vmware and run your corp image inside of that. It's what I do at work and it has always worked splendidly.
I CANNOT touch the drive. I have to leave it and its encrypted XP alone. In fact I think it will be rather hard to get the encyrption off the drive without blowing the MSB and partition tables.

And they force XP updates down to me that I have no choice to 'install later'. Rather my only choice once they pop up on the box is when to reboot...

It would be nice, but question about how much work Live CD is. Perhaps I should pull the current one down and boot it for kicks...