Re: Can't connect to torrent tracker

William L. Maltby wrote:
On Tue, 2007-12-18 at 16:12 -0800, John R Pierce wrote:
as I said prematurely, it appears the tracker is down, HOWEVER... my uTorrent (MS Windows based) client is nicely finding 107 peers using distributed tracking techniques (which I don't fully understand)

I'm getting wire speeds just a few minutes after connecting.

Earlier, I tried using the rtorrent  "enable_trackers=no" setting, but
the man page says its useful for use with the scheduler. It had no
effect on my attempts.

Anybody know how I can do the equivalent "distributed" for CentOS on 4.6
or 5.1? ATM, trying what I can recognize in the rtorrent man page, I've
not seen anything that my knowledge allows me to interpret as being able
to run so far.

I believe azureus supports distributed tracking, as this is a java app, it should work on centos

otherwise, dunno what to suggest.