How To increase RAMDISK in CENTOS 4

Hi All,

I am using Centos4.0 and running Squid Reverse Proxy for image caching , i have configured RAMDISK of 265 MB for one cache folder  in preproduction environment for testing now i have upgraded RAM upto 8GB, but when i change ramdisk_size parameter in grub.conf  and rebooted the server when i tried to format and mount it doesn't work. Can anyone please help me how to increase RAMDISK size upto 6GB.

Thanks
Abhishek