Re: Torrent: reminder to use it folks!

Karanbir Singh wrote:
Kenneth Porter wrote:
We only have the latest (5.1, 4.6) isos on the tracker now.
Does it place much load on the tracker to leave the older torrents listed?

we've just had a long conversation on the list about exactly what a
centos minor release means, so keeping that in context - why exactly
would someone want to download 5.0 when 5.0 + updates is 5.1 ?

Hi,

The main reason I can think of is Disaster Recovery where for some reason you have lost your own copy of the ISO's used to install a system and it would be nice to be able to go and download a copy of media you have actually used to install a system.

That said its not a big issue as the updated version should work, but I have seen a few posts here indicating issues that were resolved by using older install media and then updating via yum.