Re: Home Theater Thing

Aron.Darling@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
What is a VCR?

It's an ancient thinking machine typically installed over a television set (not to be confused with a plasma or LCD screen like we have in modern times....I'm talking 60kg of honest-to-goodness picture tube, m8) that was often used to tell time. Periodically, after a power outage, its secondary purpose was to summon the eldest born of the clan to chant some strange incantation while holding a handheld keypad to cajole the benevolent time spirit back into the device. You can still sometimes find them in museums (or my parents house...which is oddly similar to a museum). Some people also used them to make copies of talking movies, but I'm not sure if my folks ever got around to that. It does, however, work great for playing a 20 year old copy of the Sands of Iwo Jima, though it seems to get grainier upon each visit.

Best,