Re: Re: are RPMForge and EPEL compatible?

Ray Van Dolson wrote:

It's unfortunate, but doesn't seem like it's going to change.  I guess
that doesn't mean we need to stop talking about it, but maybe instead
of hollering about the need for repotags it's time to collaborate in
the other direction -- building a better way to track reopsitories into
the RPM database itself.

Yes, but it really needs to be tracked at the installed file level so that rpm and yum could refuse by default to overwrite any existing filename with a version from a different source unless it explicitly obsoletes the one to be replaced. That way the conflicts couldn't be accidental and if you want to replace someone else's file you'd have to say so.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx