Re: Install CentOS based distro

Mário Gamito wrote:
Hi,

I'm making a dedicated distribution based on CentOS 5.1

Sounds good, but the usual question - why ?

I was thinking about a (K)ubuntu kind of way: the CD/DVD boots, a
graphical interface appears with an "Install" button, just a click on it
 and then just wait to finish.

That sounds like a good idea, and its easy to do as well. You dont need to change anything in the CentOS-5 distro in order to achieve that. Also not building everything from scratch means that things are easier for you to update.

Now, I'd like to avoid building RPMs for my added software. Is this
possible this way ?

Thats a really bad idea. I would suggest you use something like slackware or lfs, if you dont want to use a package management system.

Other suggestions are welcome.

well, what problem are you trying to solve ? Maybe I can help, if you share some more info.

--
Karanbir Singh : http://www.karan.org/  : 2522219@icq