Re: Slightly OT: Conexant fax/modem not faxing with sendfax

MHR wrote:
On Dec 1, 2007 3:40 PM, Matt Hyclak <hyclak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Go get yourself an external USRobotics Courier v.everything from eBay.

I decided to give my lovely winmodem LT/Agere modem one more shot with the martian driver - it seems to work (at least as well as the conexant did), but, again, senfax can't find it as a 2 or 2.0 class fax, and efax dies with a segfault.

Is this at all possible (using it for a fax) or is it hopeless?

Thanks.

mhr

P.S.: I'm beginning to like eBay - had a wildly successful bid for a scanner for 1 cent plus shipping, and it works.
All the more reason to quit wasting your time with that junk and go shopping for a USRobotics  Courier v.everything -- external if you have a serial port available.  I notice that there are several on ebay right now.  If it has no manual included, download one from the mfr.