Re: Replacement for Linux-HA (heartbeat) - RedHat cluster?

On 30/11/2007, Matt Shields <mattboston@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yup.  We use LVS for all types of failover senarios.  We use it for
> redundant firewall/vpn servers which use heartbeat for failing over

So you are using the same heartbeat that doesn't work for me? Or are
you refering to another package which provides a similar
functionality?

> the virtual IPs and services.  We also use LVS with ldirectord as
> redundant load balancers.  Read the docs, they explain how to set up a
> service to be started/stopped on failover

I've been digging the web for over a week now but it just doesn't work
the way it's supposed to, whatever I try.

Any other hints?

Thanks,

--Amos