Re: Centos 5.1 distro: How to upgrade 5.0 to 5.1 with yum??

fred smith wrote:
I'm coming in here kind of in the middle, but I find this discussion to
be confusing... In the past I've always found that my centos/RHEL machines
automagically updated themselves to the latest dot-release without me having to do anything other than run yum/up2date.

Are you saying here that a Centos 5 system WILL NOT automatically
become 5.1 when the updates are pushed out? Or am I just totally
confuzzled?

a CentOS-5.0 machine, when yum updated, without changes to the yum configs will update to 5.1 and 5.2 when its released etc and keep with the latest released updates.

What Robinson is trying to do, or seems to be wanting to do, is to just install 5.0 and *not* update his main base OS repo to the newer one, and stick with 5.0 only. in that case, he is going to need to jump through a few hoops to keep with the updates.

Normal uses ( and I'd say pretty much everyone ) do not need to worry about this, since they dont do this sort of a thing :D

--
Karanbir Singh : http://www.karan.org/  : 2522219@icq