Localize CUPS?

Hi,

I've been setting up a networked printer in a 100% Linux LAN, and there's only one small problem left: how do I localize the CUPS interface (e. g. the pages I see when opening http://localhost:631 in a browser)?

My system is localized in french. LANG is fr_FR.UTF-8 in /etc/sysconfig/i18n. And I checked Firefox: it's supposed to open web content in French.

Curiously, I had done similar installs before with Slackware 12, and there, the CUPS interface displayed in french "out of the box", e. g. without specifying it in cupsd.conf. Now IIRC, I had explicitly set a whole bunch of environment variables on my Slackware install (LC_MESSAGES and the likes) to french. 1) Could it be that? 2) Which variable would that be, and where do I set these in CentOS? Slackware's localization variables are all meant to be set in /etc/profile.d/lang.sh. Where is the orthodox place to do that in CentOS?

cheers,

Niki Kovacs