Re: central logging/analysis

On 11/15/07, Johnny Tan <linuxweb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm interested in doing centralized logging & analysis of logs from my
CentOS boxes.

I messed around with syslog-ng and it seems like it's a better syslog.
But I noticed most of the "usual suspects" of third-party repo
maintainers (Dag, Axel, etc.) don't include it. Karanbir has an el4
version, but all my boxes are CentOS 5.

I was going to go ahead and roll my own RPM (or, rather, rebuild
Karanbir's el4 version), but it occurred to me to check what others were
using in this space. Just sticking with plain old syslogd? Paying for
splunk? Is there something else I haven't heard about?

johnn

hi ..johnn  you can search for an RPM here ftp://ftp.silfreed.net/repo/rhel/5/i386/silfreednet/RPMS/
it's for RHEL 5 but should work on centos5 too..  Or just do a search at rpm.pbone.net

--
shibucv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
True greatness is measured by how much freedom you give to others, not by how much you can coerce others to do what you want. --Larry Wall