Re: Can not print with OpenOffice.Org on CentOS 5.0 x86

Robert wrote:

Ioannis Vranos wrote:
I can not print any document with OpenOffice.Org Writer on CentOS 5.0 x86.

Has anyone encountered this problem?

My printer is HP Deskjet 3745 and apparently uses the hplip and hpijs packages provided by CentOS.

No problem here with CentOS 5 fully updated
openoffice.org-writer-2.0.4-5.4.17.3
cups-1.2.4-11.14.el5_0.1
hplip-1.6.7-4.1.el5.3
hpijs-1.6.7-4.1.el5.3
and a HP Deskjet 6122 directly connected via USB.
For the record, I also use a Brother HL 5250DN network-connected laser printer. I successfully printed from OpenOffice.Org Writer to both of these printers immediately before starting this reply. Any clues in /var/log/cups/error_log or maybe even /var/log/cups/access_log ?

hi ..

Check here for drivers ... necessary ..

http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-DeskJet_3745

try sending out a test file using command line .. you can use the lpr command ...

An example is at http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-HOWTO/Printing-Usage-HOWTO.html#ss2.2

That will help you to resolve the issue,

--
Shibucv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
-