Re: Centos5 install failure

On 2007-11-09, Garrick Staples <garrick@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I think your problem could happen if you installed the boot loader into the
> active partition and there is a stale boot loader in the mbr.

I told anaconda to write the boot record onto /dev/hda assuming that
woul put it in the MBR of the device and overwrite the existing lilo
boot record.

Grub came up on reboot, suggesting that it did indeed overwrite the lilo
boot record in the MBR, but grub was unable to load completely and
required a hard reset to recover.

--

John (john@xxxxxxxxxxx)