Re: headphones on a packard bell , Help.......

yes that is, on windows xp with the drivers, when i plug a headphones,
the sytstem shows me a message turn off the sound for a while and then
start by the headphones, but in CentOS, the sound propierties only shows
me a master channel.

ah, then sounds like it requires software intervention to reconfigure the output mixer for a different output channel... most of the stuff I've used, its electro-mechanical and both headphone and speakers are on the same 'output' from the sound hardware, so the software doesn't even know or care which output is in use.

sorry, I have no clue how to make that play.