Re: Bandwidth optimization

Bazy wrote:

Yes you are right, we should prioritize ack's and dns requests (port 53)
at first. But this is CentOS not BSD, so we should use tc (show /
manipulate traffic control settings).

Sorry, as I've said before I'm not familiar with the GNU/Linux equivalent firewall things. Thanks for pointing out TC.

Ioannis Vranos: You should connect from a windows machine and check if
the ping reply and the download speeds are the same as on the linux
machine. If the windows machine proves to be faster, start debugging the
linux machine. 160-170 ms to your ISP's gateway seems a lot of latency
to me. I have a cable modem and an 6 ms latency to my ISP.

You may also want to run a netstat -ia on both machines and verify that there are not a bazillion connections, which might give an indication of a system compromise such as rootkit or botkit. 160-170ms seems awful high to me for such a high speed connection.

--
James A. Peltier
Technical Director, RHCE