Re: Sort imap e-mail remotely

Hi,

Patrick Lodder wrote:
I have a big e-mail box over at my provider. I receive a lot of e-mail every day (over 100), which are distributed into different imap-folders by thunderbird. The problem is that thunderbird must be running (offcourse) to be able to it's job.
And for thunderbird to run, my (home)computer must be running.

Do you know what IMAP server they use at your ISP ? If its something that suppors sieve ( good chance ) then take a look at sieve.mozdev.org - its a plugin to thunderbird that lets you setup remote sieve scripts really easy. I have been using this to manage my 600 odd line sieve script, and its been fantastic.

I have a CENTOS 5 server running also. Are there any programs out there that work via command line or as a daemon, that i can use to sort my

You could always just use fetchmail on your centos server, and pull in all the email from your ISP's end, and setup your own cyrus-imapd ( included in centos4/5 ), and run your own sieve script to sort and process emails as they come in.

--
Karanbir Singh : http://www.karan.org/  : 2522219@icq