Re: Boot Log Problems

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007, Robert Slade wrote:

On Sun, 2007-10-28 at 16:33 +0100, Alain Spineux wrote:
On 10/28/07, Robert Slade <centos@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, 2007-10-28 at 13:02 +0100, Alain Spineux wrote:
I have this in my syslog.conf :

# Save boot messages also to boot.log
local7.*

Mine says:

# Save boot messages also to boot.log
local7.*                                                /var/log/boot.log

Yes my cut&paste was a little lazy !

But did you check dmesg for kernel messages ?

regards

dmesg only lists messages from prior to update too :-(.

dmesg display the kernel internal buffer. It should be emptied when rebooting !
It is impossible to see messages prior the last reboot !

What about your other log file ?
/var/log/messages is filled normaly ?

Thanks for the reply

Rob