Re: Centos 5 on Large Disks.

Shawn Everett wrote:
I will be telling them wait for a power loss, wait for the XFS code to
shut down one of its filesystem for no reason, take a good look at the
neverending stream of bug fixes in the mainline kernel, take a look at
those kernel developers who have openly announced they want nothing to
do with the XFS codebase and to note the fact that the XFS code is the
largest there is for a filesystem due to all the workarounds they have
had to put into to deal with Linux's different vm and other stuff.

I have a couple mission critical servers (3TB) that I formatted with JFS. I have been completely happy with the results and have yet to see any filesystem corruption.

Great! JFS takes second on all benchmarks. Writes, reads, ... you name it. The only question that I have had was was it stable but I had yet to hear about it being used.

http://untroubled.org/benchmarking/2004-04/

A bit old but I doubt things have changed much since then.

A JFS Fsck on the drive takes only a few seconds even after a crash.

I have created and moved various large files without a problem. I have also pulled the plug during write intensive operations.

Just wanted to add another vote for JFS. :)

+1 :-D