Re: Centos 5 on Large Disks.

Johnny Hughes wrote:
I know that XFS gets all the press about being a great performing file
system ... but if you want the best stability on CentOS, you should at
least consider ext3 instead.

I have worked very hard to get stable code for xfs in centos-4 and
centos-5, and lots of people use it, but (IMHO) ext3 is still much more
stable with the CentOS Kernels.

That is my $0.02 ... I'm sure other people will tell you I am all hosed
up :D

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes

EXT3 performance is lacking in many areas and its support for larger file systems is still a problem. However, it is rock solid and hopefully EXT4 will address the performance and file system limit issues.

--
James A. Peltier
Technical Director, RHCE