Re: NIS problems

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007, Clint Dilks wrote:

Scott Ehrlich wrote:
I've got a RHEL5 server acting as a NIS/NFS server, and connected one C5 machine just fine.

I'm trying to connect another, and for the life of me, cannot figure out why NIS won't bind. NFS works fine. ypbind just hangs. I disabled SELinux and the firewall. I just cannot get it to bind.

Ideas?

Hi do you have the appropriate entry in /etc/hosts for ypserv on NIS Server ?

Yep.  This is on a small lan - /etc/hosts acts as local dns.

The error is the one when ypinit -s server hasn't been run. I've had two successful runs on 32-bit C5 adding said 32-bit hosts to the network, but this one 64-bit C5 system is giving me the NIS problems. I can ssh, ping, and doing anything else I want. Again, the 32-bit hosts work fine against the server. This one 64-bit machine is simply giving me the NIS headaches.

Thanks for any/all ideas.

Scott

Thanks.

Scott