Re: k3b 1.0.3, qt and C5 64-bit?

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007, Johnny Hughes wrote:

Scott Ehrlich wrote:
On Wed, 17 Oct 2007, Lukasz wrote:

Ross S. W. Walker pisze:
Last time I compiled a KDE app from source (knights I believe) I
had to specify the Qt development lib path manually with an
option to 'configure'.

a) in Red Hat Qt sources are in /usr/lib/qt-3.3 directory, but
generally in distributions there is /usr/lib/qt path; all you need is
symlink and forget of configure path options:

ln -s /usr/lib/qt-3.3 /usr/lib/qt

b) or

./cnfigure --with-qt-dir=/usr/lib/qt-3.3/

I'll try those.

Next error I get is kdelibs is not installed (which it is), or the
version of qt installed doesn't exactly match the one kdelibs was
compiled with (everything was yum installed).

Again, the system is running 64-bit C5 as a complete yum install, no
individually compiled apps, unless/until I get k3b worked out.

Thanks for any help with kdelibs.

Keep in mind that you need all the relevant *-devel files installed to
BUILD things ... not just kdelibs and qt, but kdelibs-devel,
kdebase-devel, qt-devel, etc.

Why do you need to build the new k3b ... we have one in centos and there
is kde-redhat repo?

I have found, over time, functionality of the k3b versions < 1.x.x (i.e. what is included in the distro) have caused failed or problematic burns somewhere during the process. I have had very successful runs with 1.x.x versions that have been manually compiled, though on 32-bit systems, and thus haven't experienced the compilation problems I'm dealing with now.

If I can get a 1.x.x version from a reliable repo, I'll be glad to try it.

Scott