Re: Re: Local mirroring of the CentOS repos

Scott Silva wrote:
With the space crunch on the CentOS mirrors, I don't know why they don't just have the latest files in the updates mirrors and move all the older stuff to vault. If someone wants an older release of a file, you need to get it directly anyway. It wouldn't save a ton of space, but it would save some.
Uhhh, I don't experience that when I run my rsync script. It actually does delete stuff that's no longer on the mirror. So, somewhere, someone is cleaning out the mirrors of old stuff. Now, an argument for how often this happens might be more like it, but it does happen.