Re: apt-cacher for CentOS

Dag Wieers ha scritto:
yOn Thu, 11 Oct 2007, Lorenzo Quatrini wrote:

James A. Peltier ha scritto:
Hi All,

Is there something similar to apt-cacher available for CentOS?  I would like
to ensure that an application is only downloaded once to the network and not
hundreds of times.

If there isn't an equivalent, would someone please point me in the direction
of how I might accomplish this with CentOS?
after a lot of googling and searching I think I've found something that looks
really interesting:

http://freshmeat.net/projects/http-replicator

I'm testing it right now, it looks really promising.

If it understands the concept of mirrors, than yes, it is exactly as I
envisioned it :)

I just packaged it and you can provide it with a list of mirrors although
it could have handled it transparantly instead of requiring a list
upfront.

You can find a temporary package here:

	http://dag.wieers.com/attic/RPMS/http-replicator-3.0-1.el5.rf.noarch.rpm

but it will be available soon on the mirrors. Even though it is tagged
el5, it should work fine on EL4 or EL3.

Let me know if you have any problems.

Thanks Dag for the packaging;
I'm on my way of testing, and I find that dealing with mirror lists isn't straight forward at all.

I will try to understand if is possible to modify the source so it only caches rpm files on a flat format and it compares only the file name and not the full path.

Also I have to understand if it is possible to add ftp support.

I'll let you know if I have news

Regards
Lorenzo Quatrini