Re: PCI-X SATA RAID Controllers

Title: Re: PCI-X SATA RAID Controllers

Thanks for the replies (and thanks Matt, PCI-e is indeed what I meant brain freeze moment), I realise linux dd works and is in fact how Ive installed CentOS 5, but unfortunately I require a card (PCI even!) that will not require driver updates every kernel update and support a minimum of 6 ports in RAID 1.

Being a noob at Linux Im having trouble sourcing a card that is supported in the 2.6.18 kernel without the need to install drivers, and replies from manufacturers either evade the question or require a Masters degree in Linux, so I thought Id tap into the combined knowledge of everyone here!

So Im still open to suggestions!

Cheers

Steve