Re: Supermicro X7DVL-E and Xeon L5320 installation problems

Chris Boyd wrote:
Tearing our hair out on this one. Trying to install CentOS 5 x86_64 on a Supermicro X7DVL-E with 2 Xeon L5320 quad core CPUs, 3Ware SATA RAID controller in a mirrored setup and 4 GB of memory. Installation crashes at random places while copying the files. We've run memtest86 for 24 hours without any errors, replaced the RAID controller, motherboard and disks, but still no luck.

Any thoughts, hints or LARTs appreciated.

I had similar issues on a recent install. It turned out to be errors on the install media (which I have gotten lazy about checking). I reburned the DVD (with verify enabled this time) and it worked just fine afterwards.

Best,