Re: change md uuid?

on 10/2/2007 11:36 AM Les Mikesell spake the following:
Scott Silva wrote:
on 10/2/2007 9:45 AM Les Mikesell spake the following:
I sometimes clone working machines by separating RAID1 mirrors and letting each re-sync with a new partner in different machines. What will happen if a mismatched pair of these drives ever end up together in the same machine? If there is any chance that they would automatically be paired, is there a way to change the uuid when moving to a new machine so that wouldn't happen?

I don't think mismatched uuid's would automatically pair unless you forced it.

But won't all sets rebuilt from the common parent have matching uuids?

I think there is some other metadata with the uuid's that should stop auto pairing. Now if you use --add with the second drive, it will probably make it sync.
I suppose some experimentation is necessary.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and