Re: remote tar via ssh

ann kok wrote:
Hi
Thank you for all

After I untar those files from machine B to machineA
eg: in second harddrive  /dev/hdb1

I put this hardrive in another computer /dev/hda

how can I boot properly as same as machineB

I did it before
use the bootable CD, mount it chroot and then grub-install /dev/hda
but it is bootable but kernal panic

You have to pay attention to your partition layout and make it match in 2 places. /boot/grub/grub.conf (this is the real copy, /etc/grub.conf is a symlink that should still be pointed there...). Be sure the root= settings are right, and if they mention a label, add the label to the partition. Also, /etc/fstab - you can either change fstab to match the partition device names or add labels to match the old system.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx