Re: mail server

On Sep 25, 2007, at 8:16 AM, CentOS List wrote:

what can you recommend for mail server. I'll be needing mail server with tls,ssl and virtual domains with web ui management, im doing this for a client of mine.

I have been using Qmail. http://www.qmailrocks.org/ This site has everything you will need.

in this vein, i'd recommend Nick Hemmesch's QmailToaster (http:// www.qmailtoaster.com/); it's a turnkey qmail+vpopmail+ezmlm-idx solution that:

* is RPM-based (though you have to compile the RPMs yourself, to comply with djb's license)
* is extensively tested on CentOS
* stores its configuration in a MySQL database
* provides you with virtual domains, spam blacklisting and filtering, web-based administration, mailing list management, and a host of other features
* is actively developed and supported

the QmailToaster is set up according to the qmailrocks guidelines; the packages just take some of the drudgery out of it.

-steve

--
If this were played upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an improbable fiction. - Fabian, Twelfth Night, III,v