Re: 3Ware 9550SX and latency/system responsiveness

Simon Banton wrote:
At 07:46 +0800 24/9/07, Feizhou wrote:
... plus an Out of Memory kill of sshd. Second time around (logged in on the console rather than over ssh), it's just the same except it's hald that happens to get clobbered instead.

Are you saying that running in RAID0 mode with this card and motherboard combination, you get a memory leak? Who is the culprit?

I don't know if it's caused by a memory leak or something else, I'm just describing what happens. I would be tempted to suspect the RAM itself if another identical machine didn't have exactly the same issue.

This is worth checking and reporting to 3ware.

what's left to try?

Bug report...

I've reported the issue to 3ware but they've not responded. I replicated the problem with RHEL AS 4 update 5 and contacted RedHat but they told me evaluation subscriptions aren't supported.

If you have something that is reproducible like the above, they will definitely be interested. Nothing like causing instability to get them on the case.