Re: Linux groups and policies

Dear,

Thanks for help, i need a proper link or documentation. i dont only need to excute the command but needs to edit the file too. I made some attempt but not effected,

i m using ubunto as desktop, put my site in /var/www/umair. i made the group data. put
user alpacino in it and chown root:data to /var/www/umair. when i edit index.html through
user alpacino it says changing Readonly file.

Regards,

Umair Shakil
ETD

On 9/20/07, John R Pierce <pierce@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
umair shakil wrote:
> Dear All Salam,
>
> Does anyone work on Linux groups and policies like;
>
> I have squid.conf, i want to run it by my user and for starting and
> restarting services only sudo can be command
> but we want to totally eleminate ROOT password.

when a user is in the sudoers list, and they use the sudo command to
execute predefined commands as root, sudo prompts for the USERS
password, not the root password.