Re: Re: Segmentation fault YUM

Dear Karanbir,

Please can u please explain me that "trying to exceed the memroy" or "try to gain the memory not authorized" is there making any difference......

OR please i suppose my mistake was "not using google exact defination" :)

Regards,

Umair Shakil

On 9/17/07, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
umair shakil wrote:
> I can right now define "Segmentation Fault"
> When a process is trying to exceed the memroy location of what allocated
> to it, we normally face in this case "segmentation fault".

That is not correct. a segfault is when a process will try to access
memory that its not authorised to, eg. trying to write to memory marked
read-only is the classic case.