Re: Accidentally removed glibc & glibc-devel :: Help

geekylucas wrote:
Hi,

I attempted to ugprade glibc & glibc-devel and ended up removing them
entirely by accident.  *idiot*

What are the steps needed to get glibc back onto my system.
Absolutely nothing is working at the moment, rpm, yum, etc.  I presume
I'm going to have to boot from a rescue CD of some kind.

If someone could outline how to do this, or point me to some docs I
would be most grateful.  (CentOS 4.3)

LC.
You should be able to boot the install CD in rescue mode and chroot to your install, just use yum or rpm to reinstall the packages then. RPM also has a chroot option so you can just set the path to wherever your drive is mounted.