Re: mailq.postfix manpage

Stefano Biagiotti wrote:
Feizhou <feizhou@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Stefano Biagiotti wrote:
On CentOS 4 I can't view the mailq man page. I installed postfix and
removed sendmail.

# LANG=en_US man mailq
fopen: No such file or directory
Cannot open man page /usr/share/man/man1/sendmail.1.gz
No manual entry for mailq

# zcat /usr/share/man/man1/mailq.postfix.1.gz
.so man1/sendmail.1

Solved replacing with ".so man1/sendmail.postfix.1".

Has this little typo to be reported in the CentOS Bug Tracker?
In /etc/alternatives...where does the symlink point to?
Mine:
mta-mailqman -> /usr/share/man/man1/mailq.postfix.1.gz

 # ls -al /usr/share/man/man1/mailq.1.gz
 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 30 31 lug 16:30 /usr/share/man/man1/mailq.1.gz -> /etc/alternatives/mta-mailqman
 # ls -al /etc/alternatives/mta-mailqman
 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 38 31 lug 16:49 /etc/alternatives/mta-mailqman -> /usr/share/man/man1/mailq.postfix.1.gz

What does "zcat /usr/share/man/man1/mailq.postfix.1.gz" show?
If ".so man1/sendmail.1", this file doesn't exist.

The same.

You probably forgot to run system-switch-mail after you installed postfix and then removed sendmail.
I ran system-switch-mail after I installed postfix and before I
removed sendmail.

After I also removed the sendmail package.

man mailq

--partial content--

SENDMAIL(1)
            SENDMAIL(1)

NAME
       sendmail - Postfix to Sendmail compatibility interface

SYNOPSIS
       sendmail [option ...] [recipient ...]

       mailq
       sendmail -bp

       newaliases
       sendmail -I

DESCRIPTION
The Postfix sendmail(1) command implements the Postfix to Sendmail compatibility interface. For the sake of compatibility with existing applications, some
       Sendmail command-line options are recognized but silently ignored.

By default, Postfix sendmail(1) reads a message from standard input until EOF or until it reads a line with only a . character, and arranges for delivery. Postfix sendmail(1) relies on the postdrop(1) command to create a queue file in the maildrop directory.

Specific command aliases are provided for other common modes of operation:

mailq List the mail queue. Each entry shows the queue file ID, message size, arrival time, sender, and the recipients that still need to be delivered. If mail could not be delivered upon the last attempt, the reason for failure is shown. This mode of operation is implemented by executing the postqueue(1)
              command.

       newaliases
Initialize the alias database. If no input file is specified (with the -oA option, see below), the program processes the file(s) specified with the alias_database configuration parameter. If no alias database type is specified, the program uses the type specified with the default_database_type con- figuration parameter. This mode of operation is implemented by running the postalias(1) command.

Note: it may take a minute or so before an alias database update becomes visible. Use the "postfix reload" command to eliminate this delay.

These and other features can be selected by specifying the appropriate combination of command-line options. Some features are controlled by parameters in the
       main.cf configuration file.

       The following options are recognized:

       -Am (ignored)

       -Ac (ignored)
Postfix sendmail uses the same configuration file regardless of whether or not a message is an initial submission.

       -B body_type