NIS/Samba update

My test setup consists of Enterprise 5 server running NIS and Samba, and dual-boot XP and CentOS 5 clients.

On my test setup, I'm able to create new samba accounts and change samba passwords with no problems.

NIS still gives me problems, though. I am unable to change passwords no matter what. Also, ypwhich on the client returns localhost.

I have reviewed everything, including configs of other networks that are live, and cannot figure out where the problem is.

I believe that once I can password changed effortlessly on the NIS side, I can implement this on the live system. Until NIS account passwords can be changed at-will, this setup won't go to production.

So, what might I be missing?   Why can't I change passwords?

Also, what would cause the client, when issued ypcat passwd, to not show the newer accounts create by the server, even after a /var/yp make has been issued?

Both client and server have been rebooted many times.

Thanks.

Scott