Re: RAID + LVM Addition to CentOS 5 Install

This worked fine, but on reboot I get a ton of errors from LVM saying
that volume with id xxxx-xxxx-xxxx... was not found and the system
automatically reboots.  This seems to happen for all volumes, not just
the ones I changed.  This error even happens for a separate volume
group (called 'extended') that is on a separate set of disks and was
existing prior to the CentOS 5 install.

Any idea on some step I missed?  I know things are still fine on the
disks, as when I boot with the CentOS DVD with the 'linux rescue'
option all RAID & LVM volumes are available for use.  So from this it
seems I need to update some CentOS config file?

Did you re-create the initrd after adding the new raid group? Not 100% about this but my guess would be that the initrd isn't starting md2 and thus can't find the pv on that raid device.

-Shad