Re: how to tst my backup mail server

Mail Administrator spake the following on 9/3/2007 12:49 PM:
Dear ALl,

Sorry for my posting here but do apprecite if u guys help me..

I have already CenOS 5 and been used as my Primary DNS and primary
sendmail mail server and is working perfectly fine

i also have another Centos MAchine being used as my secondary DNS server
and been workin fine..

i want to use this machine as my backup mail server and has gone to the
DOCS have configured DNS and sendmail for a backup mail server.

but i really dont know how i would test if my secondary mail server is workin

apprecite if you cd have some examples or steps to check my newly setup
backup mail server

Thanks and Regards

simon

Easiest way is to stop primary server and see if mail spools to secondary. Or just put it up on the internet. The spammers will pound on it fairly quickly.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and