Re: Pinging Les Mikesell Re: Mail Restrictions with sendmail and mimedefang

Indunil Jayasooriya wrote:

On 9/3/07, Feizhou <feizhou@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Now, I can find some files @ /etc/mail

below are files.

mimedefang-filter
sa-mimedefang.cf <http://sa-mimedefang.cf>
sa-mimedefang.cf.example

I first want to block Bcc and limit Cc to about 5 users. I googled a
lot. But, I am still not be able to achieve this task.

will I have to edit /etc/mail/mimedefang-filter to block Bcc and to
limit Cc .

Have you done it?

Hi Les,

Can you help me to solve the above issue?

For more , pls see below.

http://readlist.com/lists/centos.org/centos/4/24885.html

http://readlist.com/lists/centos.org/centos/4/23965.html

Mimedefang has its own support list with people who could answer this better than I can. The filtering process is controlled by the perl code in mimedefang-filter.pl. The best documentation is the 'slides' link from http://www.mimedefang.org/ and there are links to example filters if you follow the wiki link.

You can look at the recipient list in the filter and reject if you don't like it. However, your Bcc: requirement will add a complication and is probably impossible to get right in the general case. Normally sendmail will remove the Bcc: header and add the address to the envelope recipients as the message is received - and you can't simply compare the envelope list to the headers because other transformations may be done, including expansion of aliases and following .forward file directives.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx