Re: CentOS 5 (64) Gnome - not detecting Optical Mouse

User Siva GNU/Linux wrote:
Hi
I am using CentOS 5 64bit, i can install successfully on the below hardware.
while booting i can see the Pointer and use Mouse. But While i get a Login
screen I couldn't see the pointer, after login also i can't. when i press
CTRL button, it shows where the pointer is.. What should i do to enable and
work with Mouse.

is it USB or PS2 mouse?

this looks like gnome issue, sunce mouse is visible while rhgb running, but mouse can be configured directly in file /etc/X11/xorg.conf; can you send us context of this file?

also, you can disable rhgb; check the file /boot/grub/menu.lst and (after backup to /root/important/ or other safe from users directory) and delete every "rhgb" you find

--
Opole - Miasto Bez Granic.
http://www.opole.pl - tu znajdziesz nowe miejsca, nowe mozliwosci, nowe inspiracje...